Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Rules Among Goons by Mr. D.vice

Hello...

This weekend!  

No Rules Among Goons flier

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC • ALL AGES
www.thumbprintgallerysd.com

View MR. DVICE's Fan Page here

"My artwork keeps me sane. It is the only place in my life where there are no rules. I can create worlds that don't exist. I can bring characters to life any way I want. No compromise. No one to tell me no. My work is soaked with insomnia, cartoons, wine and weed. Its my distorted view of the world around me with a psychedelic twist.
I paint goons. Creatures of the night. They are the gremlins in my head. They never stop multiplying. Sometimes they turn on me and its gets ugly. Varments. They are not to be trusted. Rotten Bastards.
I am inspired by life. Inspired by times of the past that I was not alive to exprerience. Inspired by the pop culture of 50s 60s, and 70s . Inspired by revolutionary thinkers like Timothy Leary, Joe Strummer, Martin Luther King, Zack De La Rocha, Hunter Thompson and Jim Morrison.
My experiences with hallucinogens and the underground rave culture of the 90s most definitely has had a huge effect on me as an artist and a person. Those were some wild times - anything went. No words can really explain what it was back then unless you were there. A very special time and place to be a part of. I dig artists Salvidor Dali, Andy Worhol, Rick Griffin and the Joint Show 5. among many.
The MR DVICE icon I developed as my logo tells a story of the duality of my personality. The smile defines my stoke for life. The sinister teeth define my creepy side that no one gets. The lightning coming from the forehead defines my never ending madness in my head.
I am only truly happy in my studio, alone in the wee hours of the morning covered in paint, dizzy from fumes and seeing double.
I keep painting goons in fear of my own boredom. If I am not constantly creating armies of the scummy little creeps I start to drown in my own loathing and self pity. I like to lose myself in my imagination and try to stay lost for as long as I possibly can. Painting to me is like dreaming. A world outside of the one we live in. A world that I dig." - MR. DVICE

Goodbye...

Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: