Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

LA Food Spots + Trucks

Been a minute since I posted some randomness from LA LA Land ... Thought I share a couple food spots + trucks I've tried over the past month and a half.

One day after Twinks class at OCC the two of us cruised to Casa Adelita Mexican Resturant in Hawaiian Gardens. Twinks kept talking about this Shrimp Burrito she used to get every time her family had Casa Adelita.

Free Chips and Salsa while we wait for our Shrimp Burrito
Casa Adelita Mexican Restaurant

Twinks and I shared a Wet Shrimp Burrito, which was really delicious. Shrimp was plump.
Casa Adelita Mexican Restaurant
_________________________________________________________

After celebrating Twinks Birthday @ Sutra in Costa Mesa. The group headed to Oh Those Donuts on Newport Boulevard. Werd on the streets was Oh Those Donuts was bomb dot com.

Order slip ... I got a half sandwich croissant, roast beef with bacon, jack cheese, lettuce, sprouts, onions, tomatoes and no condiments. Dude, actually gave me a whole sandwich. Hook it up. Plus, got some pepperoncini. Sure was bomb dot com. Everything fresh, made to order. My bad no photo of actual sandwich. I was mad hungry.
Oh Those Donuts
_________________________________________________________

A couple Thursday ago I cruised out with la familia to the food trucks on Vermont.

Tapa Boy Food Truck "Filipino Food on Filipino Time!"
Tapa Boy Food Truck

Tapa Boy Food Truck

Tapa Boy shirts
Tapa Boy Food Truck

Tapa Boy Food Truck

Crispy Adobo Bowl and Spam Hand Roll. Both very delicious.
Crispy Adobo Bowl + Spam Hand Rolls

Fry Smith Food Truck pulled up after I ordered my food at Tapa Boy.
Fry Smith Food Truck

Fry Smith Food Truck

Fry Smith Food Truck

Chicken Sweet Potato (Free-range chicken in tomatillo-tamarind sauce over sweet potato fries topped with cashews) Tasted like chili cheese fries. Yummy.
Fry Smith Chicken Sweet Potato

Kimchi Fries (Kimchi with kurobuta pork belly, onions and cheddar cheese. Different in a good way.
Fry Smith Kimchi Fries

Tropical Shaved Ice
Tropical Shave Ice Truck

Yes the Tropical Shave Ice Truck serves Halo Halo.
Tropical Shave Ice Truck
_________________________________________________________

Elbow Mac n" Cheese opened in Cerritos recently. Yes. I love cheese. Anyways, this past Wednesday Twinks and I finally decided to try Elbows after I kept bugging her about it. Haha.

Twinks actually told me that her interior design professor at OCC helped with the design of Elbows. Small world.

Made for each other.
Elbows Mac n' Cheese

Twinks had the Regular Pesto, Mac n' Cheese of the Week (back) and I had the Regular Buffalo Wing Mac (front). Very delicious and cheesy. Mos def going to go back and try all the different gourmet mac n' cheese.
Elbows Mac n' Cheese
.
One more shot before I got down. Haha
Elbows Mac n' Cheese

Stay Hungry ... My Friend

- E.VIL

No comments: