Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

*SOLD* Kill Bill Stencil: Gogo gets nailed!

Hello...

Here's my 2nd piece for the "Captured & Framed" a movie themed art show (it's tomorrow!)  For the other piece, see here.

On the Pulp Fiction Stencil, the lines came out too sharp / jagged.  As a result, it became hard to read visually up close and viewers would have to step back a bit to see what's going on.  So for the Kill Bill piece, I made the lines "softer" around the Gogo's face and mouth. I kept the hard lines on the top area around the eyes and hair. And I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I wanted to add red for the tears, but I still can't figure that part out yet.  I got lots trial and error ahead of me. But I am learning bit by bit, with each stencil piece.

The scene below is when Gogo Yubari (Chiakik Kuriyama) literally get's nailed in the head and is defeated by the Black Mamba.  I chose this scene based on the action, or end scene.  Same idea goes for the Pulp Fiction Stencil

Original movie shot
kill bill vol 1

Kill Bill CAD
Kill Bill Print Screen



Kill Bill Stencil : Gogo gets nailed!
18" x 24" plywood
9 layer stencil
94' MTN spraypaint

Kill Bill Stencil by keemowerks

Kill Bill Stencil by keemowerks

Kill Bill Stencil by keemowerks

Kill Bill Stencil by keemowerks

Kill Bill Stencil by keemowerks

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: