Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

*SOLD* Stencil in the werks...COMPLETE!

Hello...

It was a nice and cloudy Saturday morning...a great day to spray some paint!

.

Finally, what a process.  +60 hours of cutting! and a total of 2 hours of painting...

First layer of the day:
London Grey
.

Finished!  and the next five colors.
Pearl Grey
Rita Grey
Siberian Grey
Stardust Grey
White
.

.

11 layers of chip board! Stacking the layers kind of reminded me of when I did topography for architectural models. 
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm not sure on a title. I'm always bad with things like that. Hands, but that sounds so generic.  I was also thinking of Reach, but then the first thought that came to mind was toothpaste, then it immediately jump to Halo.  I'll think of one later. So as of now, it's Untitled.

I'm just happy with the results.  It came out really well.  But there are some parts where it definitely needs more definition.  But that's part of the learning process. I'm beginning to like "stenciling" and there's tons of ideas I want to try out. I've been looking at other stencil artist and their techniques/styles are amazing.  The things they do to in combination with textures and mix media is inspirational.

I got a long ways to go...my climbing begins.

Untitled
24" x 24" 5/8" thick plywood
various MTN 94's spray paints

.

Anyways, you can see the piece at "Weapons of Mass Production" a stencil art show. 

See the last stencil show here.
Weapons of Mass Production

Thumbprint Gallery presents...
Weapons of Mass Production

where:  Bar Basic
when:   Dec 7th 2010
time:  7pm - Midnight

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: