Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

*RECAP* Weapons of Mass Production

Hello...

This was the second stencil show of the year and it was another good show at Bar Basic.  Homie Paul (Thumbprint Gallery owner) informed the Nasty crew that it was an open call for stencil artist and anyone is welcomed to display their stencil talents.  Given the opportunity, I definitely had to take part.  I've werked on some stencils before (not much), but I felt confident enough to give it a try.  The deadline was two weeks.

We met some really cool stencil artist.  One in particular was local stencil artist, GrandLarsen.  I found a great interview of the artist, courtesy of Sezio, see here.  We chopped it up a bit and talked art: inspirations, how long he's been in the stencil game, materials used, ideas, processes, etc, etc. Much respect to the man who's been doing art his whole life, even though at a young age it was by default.  Go read the interview. You'll see what I'm talking about. 

Weapons of Mass Production

Anyways, that's my piece in the right corner...the zombie hands.  For some process and final stages see process and final.
IMG_3510

IMG_3505

IMG_3498

IMG_3499

IMG_3500

IMG_3501

IMG_3502

IMG_3506

IMG_3507

IMG_3508

Pina

IMG_3509

grandlarsen

grandlarsen

IMG_3514

IMG_3515

IMG_3516

Mofo

Tru

Tru

Homie Pina with another one!
Pina

Pina

and at the end of the night, a red dot appeared next to my piece!!!
Keemowerks

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: