Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

*DREAMER* by Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Hello...

Local artist Kelli Murray held a solo exhibition and is first artist to debut at Habitat House.  Known throughout the neighborhood has a music venue, this craftsman-style home located in Golden Hills is now opening it's door to art.

Obviously this was my first visit and like most "first time" visits, I was a bit nervous.  Only because I didn't know what to expect...I walked up the stairs through the craftsman-style doors, and felt the warm, nicely lit room.  It was welcoming.  I walked around a bit just to feel out the crowd and I noticed it was just another walk in the park.  I saw some familiar faces and said what's uppers.  Briefly had a conversation with some locals...basically another chill vibe, haha..

Kelli-Murray-Habitat-House

Braids filled the room...
Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Great line work! I also liked how she added the gray wooden planks behind each piece.  It added texture and gave a sense of "nature" and "wilderness" that you can see throughout her pieces.
Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli isn't messing around...on top of her paintings, she also made cards and prints.
Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

...and also some lovely shirts.
Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Kelli Murray @ Habitat House

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: