Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back to werk...

Hello...

Back to the grind and back to cutting out stencils.  After watching a brief Mike Giant interview, I was rejuvenated.  The only way to get things done is to jump on it , keep at it, werk straight through and dont' f*ck around.  Wise words from a wise man. 

I've been in a process of staying up late werking on art and it felt like I was back in architecture school.  Back then I'd werk late into the night and to the next morning in the studio, trying to conjure up conceptual ideas/drawings/sketches and werk my hand to death making huge scaled models.  Don't get me wrong, I may sound like I'm complaining but I'm not.  I loved every minute of it...well, mostly.

And just a week since my last stencil, I'm back at it. Next year the Nasty crew will be participating in a group art show in January, so look out for that.  Below is another multi-layered stencil: 10 layers.

I found a great image and immediately wanted to stencil it. I chose it mainly for it's composition and also I thought it would look interesting once I took out all the background and just focus on the action. I wanted to mimic the style I did with the stencil hands and do a dark portrait style with heavy shadows.

PRINT SCREEN

On a side note, I found some cheaper and much more thinner cardboard/stock paper. To the left is (10) 6 ply board and to the right is just (8) of that thick ass chip board.  Never again.
keemowerks

First cut!  9 to go.
keemowerks

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: