Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Old Werks pt 4

Hello...

In previous "posts" I've touched on various mediums such as pencil and ink markers.  But if there is one medium I would love to learn to use, that would be paint.  Painting is very fickle with me.  I mean, when I'd werk on a piece I'd do really good on it and be satisfied with the results. On other times, the real novice in me can't get the paint to do what I want and I end up getting frustrated and giving up. Sometimes for a long period of time and I'd move on to something else.

Most recently was one of those "times"...and I've moved back to pencil drawings (here)

So I thought I'd share some "paintings" I've done in the past 2-3 years.  I've done all (below) using acrylic and/or paint markers.

Enjoy!

IMG_0210

I've been fascinated with skulls ever since we started our Nasty Crew. My skulls aren't your typical skulls though. They're acutally kind of weird looking. I basically wanted to create a character for the "streets".  So if you ask "what are the paintings supposed to look like", well they're screaming skulls with big teeth and long hair that have octopus characteristics. That's it.  That's the end of the story.

IMG_0214

IMG_0213

IMG_0216

I have no idea what happen to this one (guess it was the sour d)...it started to move more to the actual look of an octopus, but it still kept the original look and form. If you notice, the nose part of the skull started to look more of a mouth (thus the screaming part)
DSC06045

I wish I still had this one. It was a panel I've done for my school's "What have you been doing since you graduated from architecture school?" project.  Guess I was the only one painting at the time, haha. Mine stood out from the other panels that had floor plans, elevations and architectural renderings.  Still, it was fun doing it.
IMG_8004

skull mask
DSC06314

6"x6"
Deco paint markers
ink
acrylic
DSC06012

DSC06013

DSC06015

DSC06016

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: