Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

*RECAP* EMAN and Velvet De Oro's "Mind, Body, Soul & Amorous Synergy"

Hello...

Thumbprint Gallery at it again...this was our first stop of our 9/11 night. Prayers go out to those fallen.

DSC_5886
[PRESS] EMAN... just my real name shrunken down, Edward Manansala. I'm an aspiring artist of all trades. I'm new to the industry, but a veteran of the culture. Currently my mind's running wild with all the potential possibilities in store for me and that's partly why I'm starting this site. I have so many venues of art that I've tapped into; I've designed shoes, shirts, hats, skateboards, tech decks, created a plethora of art projects using vast mediums from paper mache to acrylics on wood, I've kept up with my bombing and still hope to evolve that into a stronger force in my arsenal, and just so many other forms of art that I just don't know how to focus it. Oh yeah and did I mention, I dance as well. I've choreographed various hip hop routines and am currently working on a clean freestyle. So between my art and dance I'm just hoping the path of life leads me to someone that might be in need of my services or just plain leads me to people that can share this blooming creative energy that's growing inside me and help harness it's power. God Bless. Peace. [via EMAN'S myspace]
Also watch for EMAN's book/novel coming soon which tells separate stories of each of his current pieces (below), yet all of them being integrated to create a full story...it was interesting hearing the stories behind some of Manansala's pieces.
DSC_5894

Father and son-"Black Widow Tribe"
DSC_5891

Eman's approved a lot since we last saw his pieces from past shows. His paintings has evolved and you can see a definite style emerging. I appreciate artist constantly evolving their styles.
DSC_5890

DSC_5888

DSC_5887

DSC_5898

DSC_5899

DSC_5892

DSC_5896

DSC_5897

DSC_5895

DSC_5917

DSC_5900
[PRESS]  Velvet de Oro’s art revolves around copious figures and free-style patterns.  Velvet developed her style from having an “over-active imagination”.  She is heavily influenced by Asian Indian and Tibetan art, Filipino tribal tattoos, Chinese art scrolls, and Japanese pop culture.  Additionally, the artist has spent time studying masters such as Normal Rockwell, Alponse Mucha, and Pablo Picasso. Velvet de Oro generally works in oil, acrylic, and Indian ink while painting on her own, made-from-scratch, broadcloth and kona fabric canvases. [via Thumbprint]
DSC_5912

I loved how she captured the female's figure and face...a relax yet contorted pose.  The ornate "hair" she has throughout her female pieces are very interesting and fits well with the positioning and subtle tone.

The hair kinda reminds me of those fancy white paper tea coasters or "paper doillies" with the ornate lace design on the outer rim.
DSC_5911

DSC_5908

DSC_5907

DSC_5906

DSC_5915

DSC_5903

DSC_5914

DSC_5902

DSC_5916

DSC_5905

We didn't know Obey did a collabo with Paul Ecdao (owner)...it must be the eye brows, haha.
DSC_5904

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

No comments: