Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Old Werks pt 3

Hello...

Here's some really old anime drawings I've done a long time ago.   I mean back in the days of gangters music, white triple A shirts with dickies, web belts with the lettered buckles, ben davis shirts, baggy and/or stapled pants, girls with the really high waved bangs, red or blue chucks (depending  where you were from), flaming hot Cheetos with melted cheese, nutrition breaks, stupid uniforms, the "step cut", rat tails, burgundy shirts, "brown paper bag" book covers, Trapper Keepers, sweethearts dance, talent shows, Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Family Matters and last but not least those boring times in class listening to the same teacher teach the same ole thing.

The good ole days...I remember sitting in class taking notes from the board, and realized how dumb and pointless it was. We just sat there copying what the teacher wrote!  I decided to stop taking notes and that's when I started to doodle. I remember sitting in world cultures class and seeing the girl in front of me had this image of a girl on her folder. I thought it interesting to see that different style of cartoon character.  Long story short, I drew it and became fascinated with the world of anime.

Note:  Jr high through high school

Here's the very first. I believe this was back in 96'.
3

Here's one I drew for my Mochi Ball.
27

After that I started to collect random images of anime.  Remember the internet wasn't easily accessible like it is today, so whatever image I can get my hands on, I drew. I'm still into anime. I'm a big nerd when it comes to it.  and yes, I go to comic con every year. And no, I don't dress up.

please enjoy

1

2

5

6

4

22

you know I had some Dragon Ball drawings!
21

15

16

17

18

19

20

23

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

Not anime.  I remember I was hella angry at my parents when I drew the next two drawings.  I don't remember what I was angry about.  I was a teen and teens are always mad at something.  But I guess I was really mad cause you can really see how hard I was pressing with the pencil, the sharp and hard edges.
24

25

14

And this is the last anime girl I drew before I went into college...after that it was all about Architecture!  Who would of thought that goofing around and drawing anime during class would lead me to architecture...and yes, to those old school teachers: a BA degree in architecture in 2005!
26

I wish I could post some more, but unfortunately I either lost or gave some drawings away (mostly gave away...dang it).  I had lots of free time in school, haha.

Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

1 comment:

mpguru66 said...

Impressive lookin drawings. They look professional