Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

All too familiar...

Hello...

Speaking of anime, here's a few sketches as of late. It's been a long minute since I last drew anime, let alone used a pencil to draw. I've been in a creative slump, so I decided to go back to one thing that I was actually good at, which is drawing Japanese animation.

In the 3 night span of drawing these lovely girls, I scanned the internet for the right manga girl...then sketched, shaded, erased, sketched and shaded some more.  However, rather than simply just "copying" the image, I decided to add something else to it.  I got some inspiration from homie and local artist, Franky Agostino's. He has done some "Day of the Dead" (Día de los Muertos) style paintings which inspired me a lot.  There's a particular new piece he did which inspired me to do the sketches below (I will post that later).


"It felt like it was back to the good ole days of sitting in math class drawing with just a mechanical pencil on lined paper"... It felt good.


Same mediums, just different time and environment.

20100917-girl 1

20100919-girl 2

20100920-girl 3


Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

1 comment:

Guma said...

hey dude i like this image maybe we could collaborate with it