Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yeller Studio presents "Paper Cuts"

Hello...we went to our first "zine swapping" event. We didn't have any zines to trade but it was cool chatting it up with local artist and looking at their homemade zines...

There were about 80 artist who participated in the event. What was coo about it, was that anyone could be part of it...it was a great turn out and I was pretty happy to see this kind of vibe hitting San Diego...we definitely need more of this.

Paper Cuts

Viewing...
Paper Cutsa>

Viewing...
Paper Cuts>

Viewing some more...
Paper Cuts

Paper Cuts

Here are shots of some zines:

Exist 1981
Paper Cuts/a>

John Z. Zappas
Paper Cuts

Dylan Jones...this was pretty funny, the first page was "dont fuck with a badger"...and yes, you definitely don't have any business fucking with those.
Paper Cuts

Jackie Dunn Smith
Paper Cuts

Tyler Christopher (apologies if I got this name wrong)
Paper Cuts

Jordan Josafat
Paper Cuts

Vinnie Bornen
Paper Cuts

Met this cool guy name Tony from Product Etcetera...talked for a minute about his concepts behind his line, his take on the whole San Diego "art scene" and his soon to come collaboration with 5 & A dime...I'm digging the logo, "Westside Love"...more info soon.
tony

Ask for a Trolley, instead got the pale ale...no worries, it was free.
Paper Cuts

Paper Cuts

Yeller Studio
Subtext

We got hungry and stopped by Yakitori...if you haven't gone, I suggest you drop everything on hand and go there now...hurry, go!
yakitori

This was a special order recommended by food guru Ian. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called Chicken Tataki w/wasabi...texture was like that of sashimi (half cooked chicken). It was delicious yummy goodness...
yakitori

Street stuff...
street

street
Goodbye...


Hello. My name is KEEMOWERKS. It's my pleasure, nice to meet you...

1 comment:

cheezwizard said...

Thanks for posting a picture of my zine. I'm Vinnie.

Hope you guys had a rad time and didn't walk away empty handed.


- Vinnie