Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

UNIV RESN x NIKE SB Dunk Release

Once again I managed to post something hella late ... wait ... i typed "hella late."

Anyways, woke up hella early last Thursday, well for me that is. I usually get up @ 11 or noon, unless I have class in the morning. Got up early to cruise to UNIV for the RESN x NIKE SB Dunk Release. Left the pad around 7 in the morning. So I could be at Eon's pad around 7:30. Wake Eon up because I know dude is sleeping, didn't answer my phone call or text. I chilled for a minute watching First Take ESPN as Eon got ready, and cut around 8, so we'll be at UNIV around 8:30. However, UNIV doesn't open until 11. When we got there 3 dudes were already posted in front of UNIV on their portable chairs.

Chillin' posted in line, you start talking to other cats in line. Two dudes in the front were posted since mid-night, and dude in front of us was posted since 6am. More peeps rolled through about 15 or twenty minutes after us. So, I guess I could of slept in for a little bit longer.

After being posted for a minute, UNIV came through with some complimentary donuts. I had myself a chocolate covered donut. Good looking out, I was hungry. (Even though I had an apple and a banana in my truck, that I forgot about.)

The krayzie part of waiting in line was about,"What size you're going to pick up?" The first two dudes were both picking up a Size 9, third dude as well as myself wanted a Size 9. However, I knew that they only had two Size 9 since I called in and asked. Plus, there was a signed posted on the door. I was like "fuck it" I'll pick up a Size 9.5 (which UNIV had 3 pairs), i wanted my pair. Eon was going to get his pair since he rocks a 10.5. The third dude really wanted those Size 9 but the first two dudes were like sorry man. After talking to the third dude for awhile about how he used to slang, but got caught up. Now he's putting his energy into in school, and hustling college text books. I had a feeling dude would get his pair of Size 9. Right, before UNIV opened the door the third dude made an offer that the first two couldn't refuse.

Each pair cost $140+. The first two dudes paid $75 (or $37.50 each),for a Size 9 and 9.5. So, basically the third dude paid for the first dudes pair and half of the second dudes pair. Plus his pair. Dude paid $345+ for a pair of Size 9. That's good example of how money talks. Hating just a bit because he got a Size 9 and I settled for a Size 9.5. Well, life goes on.

Photos. Enjoi.

UNIV RESN Dunk Release

UNIV RESN Dunk Release

UNIV RESN Dunk Release

Before Eon and I enter UNIV.
UNIV RESN Dunk Release

UNIV RESN Dunk Release

Picked up my Size 9.5 and 7 for Twinks. Plus, a shirt and a pair of Vans Syndicate Mtn. Editions for my boy Jay, @ 20% off.
UNIV RESN Dunk

UNIV

Free UNIV shirt and stickers. Thanks.
UNIV

Grabbed the lastest Contrast Magazine DOWNTOWN Issue NO.02, which is MADE IN HAWAII. I really enjoi reading Contrast Magazine. If you get a chance read ART + MUSIC Issue NO.00 and NORTH SHORE Issue NO.01.
Contrast

RESN Dunk SB

RESN Dunk SB

RESN Dunk SB

- E.VIL

No comments: